Friday, September 2, 2011

I thought I was okay with this....

Maggie is starting kindergarten in 5 days.  I thought I was okay with this. Until last night, as I lay in bed trying to go to sleep.  I could not get the image of her going through her day at school, out of my head.  She gets 15 minutes to eat lunch each day.  I kept seeing her sitting at the little lunch table with almost all of her food sitting there and lunch time was over.  I could hear her saying,"But I am so hungry".  This brought huge tears to my eyes.  Now, I know she will be fine if she doesn't get to eat all of her lunch, it has happened plenty of times at home.  I just kept hearing her say "I'm still hungry" echo in my head all night.  Maybe I was subconsciously trying not to think about this huge step in her young life. The thought of my sweet little girl navigating her way through the big world that is kindergarten is becoming more and more real.     

No comments:

Post a Comment